Saturday, April 18, 2009

#2 "The Special" Stanichs, Portland, Oregon

"The Special" is a classic burger at a classic burger joint. I've been going here since 1988 and it hasn't changed since then. The Special (aka the world's greatest hamburger) nearly lives up the its alias. It is the definition of the tavern burger, fully loaded with bacon, ham and a fried egg. Something about the joint I think makes the burger even better. Stanich's is a tavern with pennents all over the wall, they only take cash, and they love to give shit to folks who order their burger cut! One of the best perks is you can order beer on tap with your hamburger! Yes, this is my kind of place and I take everyone I know here for a special. Has never fallen below #3 on my top 10 list and has been a steady #2 for about 5 years. I have never ordered anything else on the menu (except french fries)and never will. I have eatin 2 of these on a couple different occasions but I'm getting too old to do that anymore! Picture coming the next time I get to Portland.

No comments:

Post a Comment