Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Burger in Hong Kong...the Burger Deli in Sai Kung!

I recently relocated to Sai Kung which is located in the New Territories of Hong Kong.  Many of my friends asked me what I was going to do about my burger blog while I was in Hong Kong?  Convert it to Dim Sum?  Drool over my blog wishing I could eat at Stanich's or Pilot Butte Drive-In?

I have seen a few burger places but since I am new here I have been eating mostly local or Asian foods.  But after about 5 weeks I decided it was time to try out the Burger Deli, which folks had said was good.  I have to be honest that I was VERY skeptical.  For some reason I thought the meat wasn't going to cut it, or worse be somewhat nasty.



Well my blog is alive and well here in Sai Kung.  The Burger Deli serves up an amazing burger!  I ordered an American Burger (of course it had to be called that, making me feel even more like a foreigner) and it was made with 7oz of juicy Australian Wagyu beef.  Now perhaps it was because I was in Hong Kong, or the fact that I hadn't eaten a burger in awhile but this is quite honestly one of the best burgers I have eaten.  Simple, cooked perfectly, with a homemade bun, one onion ring, lettuce and pickle...Oh My! All this for a little over $100HKD which is about $13US, not bad for a really good burger with high quality meat.

And they also sell great fries, separate from the burger price.  Hallelujah!  $22HKD for fries!

Anyone want to come visit Hong Kong for a burger at the Burger Deli!?

No comments:

Post a Comment